<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Pedal (worn right down) to the metal...






I'm trying (yes, very) to get this bus back up and on the road again. Hopefully nothing major 'wrong' as such but one worrying issue has been the incorrectly aligned throttle linkage due to bodged (not by me I might add!) accelerator pedal repair.





You have to admire the cunning of the mind which thinks , "hmm, I know, I'll not bother my a**e trying to find a replacement, I'll just use a butt-hinge and move the whole thing back a wee bit." No, you really do have to admire it: it's done fine for us for over five years and has managed two round-Ireland trips.

Anyway, I've managed to locate a replacement from Volksheaven and have secured the services of our friendly mechanic to sort it all out for us.



Here's hoping. (I'm pretty sure I'll find a use for that book there on the left at some point too...)

Labels: , , , ,


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?